I have spent today at Microsoft’s London office in Victoria at the annual UK Gov Camp (you can see all the twitter updates via #ukgc11).
The event is an “unconference”, which brings together around 200 of the brightest and mist active players in government, community and new developments.
There have been many highlights today and I wish I was more able to share fully, all that has been discussed.
Some I can share:
- there is a huge amount in the planning.
- the willingness, openness, interest is there.
- wordpress 3 developments are bridging the gap with drupal
- culture change top down and bottom up has to occur
- information is not fully exchanged resulting in very disturbing inefficiencies
- organisational anonymity is potentially toxic
- There is a lower common understanding than the majority realise
I have other notes to share in due course..