Finally, Skype for iPad is now available http://bit.ly/nS7trx (see the full Skype Announcement)
(well in some countries.. ) The rest will be rolled out soon.
Now, let me ask you a few questions (an inquiry if you will)…
1) Are you excited about this release?
2) Is it recently that Apple launched the iPad?
3) Is it surprising that Skype didn’t launch an app for the iPad sooner?
4) Are you aware of the recent corporate events that occurred:
between Apple and Skype
between Skype and Microsoft
between Skype and Facebook
5) Are you aware that things are becoming more connected?
6) Are you just happy you can now more easily talk to your friends, partners, kids, grandkids (delete as appropriate)?
Due to the nature of my contractuals at www.PsiPi.com I am not able to share all we know, but we’re glad that the App is now launched. This does present a key opportunity and we’ll be sharing more to our insiders at www.WebDomination.com and www.TheSimpleIdea.com
Skype for iPad is beautifully designed and optimized for the iPad. It offers the best of both worlds for users who want a larger Skype experience, on-the-go. The large iPad screen is perfect for bringing Skype video calls to life, in either landscape or portrait view, and because it is on the iPad, Skype video calls can be made at the beach, in a car or even lying on a couch.
Not only does Skype for iPad feature an interface that takes advantage of the large screen, but there are a number of additional iPad-optimized features found in this new app, including:
* Two-way video calling.* With Skype video calling available on iPhones, as well as in Skype for Android, Skype for Mac, Skype for Windows, Skype on HDTVs and more – you can connect to over 170 million Skype connected users worldwide**.
* Instant messaging. You can even instant message during a video call on your iPad, with emoticons to personalize your message.
* Simple to view contacts. Contacts are now displayed in a grid on Skype for iPad, showing large avatar photos – making it easy to find your contacts and conversations.
* Easy navigation. Find your recent Skype conversations and history at the touch of a button making searching simple.
* Simple SMS texting. An SMS text message can be sent by simply opening a contact and selecting SEND SMS or by opening the dial pad, typing in the number you wish to SMS and then typing your message.
The new Skype for iPad app also takes full advantage of the iPad 2’s dual cameras, allowing users to talk face-to-face with the iPad’s front camera or switch to the rear camera to show what they can see. Skype for iPad also allows users to call landlines and mobiles using Skype’s great low rates – all a user needs is a little Skype Credit. Skype for iPad works across both 3G*** and Wi-Fi networks and also allows users to make voice and video calls across platforms from their iPad to other Skype users on iPhones, Mac, Windows, HDTVs and more.